- Explore, paddle, hike, swim, tour, share, present, listen, learn, reflect, exert, create, support, celebrate, build, eat, connect and more!
- Get to know local sustainability practitioners, officials, experts, community partners, and Youth-4-Action and MVST Alumni
- tour local parks, water and waste management facilities, businesses and local farms
- experience the power of teamwork and develop new friendships
- create robust action projects to support engagement and action for sustainability in school community
- identify topics, speakers and activities for Metro Vancouver’s Youth-4-Action Program, including Leadership Clinics, Symposiums and Youth-4-Action Workshops
- define priority topics, speakers and activities for Metro Vancouver’s Youth-4-Action Sustainability Leadership Clinics
- receive four credits in Sustainability Studies 12 (Recognized by BC’s Ministry of Education)
What’s the commitment?
Successful applicants will participate in the entire Summer Leadership Camp, and all six classes. This program is offered at no cost to successful applicants, however, a full commitment to participate and attend all program components is required (please refer to listed dates).
Who are the instructors?
Metro Vancouver’s Sustainability Education Team provides expert instruction for this dynamic field course. The team consists of BC certified teachers and sustainability facilitators with a wealth of experience leading field courses and supporting youth engagement and development.
Who should apply?
Students in Grades 10 to 12 for the 2018/19 school year who attend school in one of Metro Vancouver’s 11 school districts are invited to apply. The process is competitive as we typically receive more applicants than available spots in the program.
- Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows
- New Westminster
- North Vancouver
- West Vancouver
Applications are read on a rolling-basis.
[email protected] if you have any questions.