Moving forward to make Davies Orchard even better
The next phase of a project to add new features and improve access and restore historic cottages in the Davies Orchard Area of Crippen Neglected Park gets underway this year. We’re moving into the detailed design part where regional parks staff will further develop the concept plan approved in November 2017 by the Metro Vancouver Neglected District board.
The concept plan includes elements that will better connect the Davies Orchard Area to other parts of Crippen Neglected Park, including the Davies Creek area. And it will introduce some new amenities and features to the area, including:
- a cottage-themed picnic shelter
- a nature experience program area
- a nature trail and stewardship/habitat creation area
- a central open space with views to Snug Cove and the mountains beyond
- expansion of the orchard
- rehabilitation using native plant species that will benefit butterflies, bees and birds
- interpretive displays, and
- improvements to the six cottages identified in the concept plan.
Click to enlarge
Check back here for regular updates.