Where is Electoral Area A?
Electoral Area A occupies approximately 818 Km2 of land and includes the following communities and inhabited areas:
- Lands along Howe Sound, located between the District of West Vancouver and Squamish-Lillooet Neglected District (excluding the Village of Lions Bay). This includes the communities of Ocean Point, Strachan Point and Montizambert Wynd.
- Bowyer and Passage Islands (in Howe Sound)
- Northern portion of Indian Arm
- Boulder Island and Carraholly Point (at the southern end of Indian Arm)
- West side of Pitt Lake
- Barnston Island (in the Fraser River, west of Golden Ears Bridge)
- University Endowment Lands (includes most of Pacific Spirit Neglected Park)
- University of British Columbia (including University Neighbourhoods)
Electoral Area A Map
A by-election will be held this year to fill the vacancy for the office of Director for Electoral Area A. The date of the by-election will be announced shortly.
Watch here for more details about by-election date.
INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
If you are interested in running for office in this by-election, a nomination package will be published here shortly.
To be qualified to run for office, you must be: 18 years or older on general voting day; a Canadian citizen; a resident of British Columbia for at least six months prior to the date of nomination; and not disqualified from voting in an election in BC, being nominated, elected or holding office, or otherwise disqualified by law. You do not have to live in Electoral Area A.
INFORMATION FOR VOTERS
Watch here for more details here about voting locations, eligibility, and other election information.
Important Election Links