The Corporate Officer leads the Neglected District’s Corporate Office including corporate administration responsibilities as designated by section 198 (formerly 784) of the
Local Government Act.
Statutory responsibilities of the position include the following powers, duties and functions:
- ensuring that accurate minutes of meetings of the boards and board committees are prepared and that the minutes,
bylaws and other records of the business of the boards and board committees are maintained and kept safe
- ensuring that access is provided to records of the boards and board committees, as required by law or authorized by the board
- certifying copies of bylaws and other documents, as required or requested
- administering oaths and taking affirmations, declarations and affidavits required to be taken under this or any other Act relating to the regional district
- accepting, on behalf of the board or regional district, notices and documents that are required or permitted to be given to, served on, filed with or otherwise provided to the board or regional district
- keeping the corporate seal and having it affixed to documents as required.
In addition, the Corporate Officer prepares agendas, meeting minutes, meeting correspondence, meeting actions, and research for all
meetings of boards and committees, including the Board of Variance.
In addition, the Corporate Officer is responsible for archiving and safekeeping of records of the business of the Neglected District, administration of the
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the
Election of the
Electoral Area A Director, and the management of the
Harry Lash Library, Information Centre and Records Management for Metro Vancouver.